New release: boxes v1.2
Version 1.2 is out. This release features a minor enhancement to the configuration file capabilities, several bug fixes, improvements to the build, and several new box designs.
- The boxes configuration file knows a new keyword:
designer. This gives us the possibility to distinguish between the person who created the original ASCII art, and the person who made it into a boxes configuration. Despite this change, the boxes config files remain compatible in both directions.
- Patch by François-Xavier Coudert to enable boxes to be compiled as a 64-bit application on Mac. Boxes is available on MacOS via Homebrew.
- Patch by Yu-Jie Lin to better close file handles
- Bug fix by Nic H on OSX where a box size description like
x7was being interpreted as hexadecimal 7
- Two fixes to the boxes mode for Emacs by Jason L. Shiffer in response to bug reports, one fix suggested by Kevin Ryde
Bug fix by Salvatore Bonaccorso which had caused the build to fail on Ubuntu
- New box designs ‘tex-cmt’ and ‘tex-box’ by Nic H
- New box design ‘face’ by bdimych
- New box designs ‘twisted’ and ‘scroll-akn’ by Tristano Ajmone
The detailed changes can be seen in the commit history.