Version 2.1.0 is out.
A major enhancement with several new features, including parent configs, scriptable tag queries, alias names, XDG support, and more:
- Support for XDG base directories. #69
This means more config file locations are recognized, such as
$HOME/.config/boxes/boxes-config. Details in the issue.
- Config files may now inherit from one or more so-called parent config files.
The config file recursively inherits all designs from its parents, and has the option to override them.
- A box design can now have alias names in addition to its primary name. #30
- Major improvements to the Vim syntax file, which now supports the full feature set of boxes config files. #63, #64
- Add support for tag queries. Each box design can be tagged with a number of tags. Calling
boxes -lwill print the tag counts at the end of the list. Use
boxes -qto query the list of designs by tag. This is helpful for scripting. #23
- Add a new option
-ewhich can be used to override the line break character used by boxes output. #60
This is an experimental feature. Let us know in the issue if we should keep it or drop it.
- Some minor fixes and enhancements, and a lot of internal improvements